Thursday, February 16, 2012

Is It Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?

Today, we read Is It Easy Being the Tooth Fairy? Instead of a regular read aloud, I used http://www.tumblebooks.com/. It is great place to find read alouds! The books appear more like a movie but still use the books' illustrations. I always search there first if there's a read aloud I am looking for! Our school has an account, but you can start a free trial. The kids loved the story, and we had such good conversation about their ideas for writing. I asked the students to write about what they think the tooth fairy does with our teeth. Their stories were hilarious! These three students were able to share their writing with the class. I was so proud of them! I've been encouraging students to ask questions in their stories so I was happy to see they tried it!



This student said the tooth fairy turns the teeth into money. I wish I could do that as a kindergarten teacher!



This student said the tooth fairy uses the teeth to build her bed!

                                        

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment